A common problem among home-based business moms is they are so busy working behind their computers, either in or on their business, that they aren’t doing enough to market and get their business out there.
After all, one of the great things about the Internet is that is allows moms to build a business with worldwide reach without ever leaving home.
Just be careful not to get caught in the trap of isolating yourself and your business, because …
* You can build the perfect business …
* Map out your goals and a marketing plan to help you reach them …
* Have a beautiful website …
* Have the greatest automated lead generation system in the world …
* Have an amazing free gift to entice people to join your list when they visit your website …
* And even write a killer ezine …
BUT … it’s all a waste if no one knows about it.
Setting up your online lead generation system, and getting business cards and even creating information products or coaching programs is great, and it’s all part of building a strong foundation for your business, but it is NOT marketing, nor can it take the place of you getting out there and telling the world about all you have to offer.
You should plan to get out there and market your business in one way or another every single day.
This is actually easier than it sounds, but it does require some effort.
Here are 7 easy ways to get yourself and your business out there.
Try one every day this week, and start a habit of doing these activities, or others, every single week.
(1) Write an article and post it on a free article directory
(2) Reach out to potential joint venture partners by phone or email
(3) Reach out to your prospects and offer them a complimentary consultation
(4) Do a teleclass for someone else’s list (or start making contacts so you can do this in the future)
(5) Do a free talk for a local group (or start marketing contacts so you can do this in the future)
(6) Post updates on Social Networking sites such as Facebook or spend 10 minutes finding and making new online friends
(7) Post updates on Twitter or spend 10 minutes finding and following new folks
I think you’ll be amazed at what happens to your business, and how much fun you have connecting with others, both online and offline, when you start getting out there. Plus you’ll start to get immediate feedback you can use to improve your business and fine-tune your marketing.
So make sure you’re not getting lazy and “hiding” behind your computer or just hanging out alone in your office all day. Get out there and make something happen!