Thanks to the growth of the internet there are many moms who have been able to find work online and therefore work from home. Are you one of the lucky ones? Are you a home based business mom? There are so many working parents who have to leave their young children at daycare while they work. That feeling of being separated from your kids for so many hours is terrible. Not to mention the constant fear of being laid off or fired when your children are sick and you are struggling to keep up with work. Thanks to internet technology moms that want to start their own home business can do so.
Below are three suggestions for anyone who would like to become a home based business mom.
1. Selling Arts or Information
While many artists are able to sell their art at craft shows and art fairs, there is quite a bit of travelling involved in doing so. The quickest way to get your art in front of millions is to make it available online. Here are three ways you could promote your material:
- Your own website – You could search for sites that allow you to have a free website, but you will most likely want to have your own domain and website hosted by a hosting service. This provides you complete control over how the site looks and operates.
- eBay or Elance – Many artists and crafters place their work on these sites where customers bid on the items. Of course, you can set a minimum price or a “buy it now” price.
- Affiliate Marketing – If you have some information or instructions you think others would love to have you could create an eBook and sell it through affiliate sites like ClickBank.com. There is more than one home based business mom who has joined an affiliate program to make money by either selling or referring products. Thousands do it. So can you.
Multilevel marketing, also known as Network Marketing has become very popular on the internet as it can be inexpensive to start. Some people don’t care for MLM since in the past it has required holding meetings and trying to recruit people in order to build your downline. However, on the internet you simply need to drive traffic to your MLM website in order to get people to join. You will want to represent a product you really believe in, and, that has a high profit margin.
3. Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing is probably the easiest and quickest way to create wealth online as some programs incorporate the best of two worlds:
- Training – the training shows you how to drive traffic to your site using keywords so no matter what it is you’re selling your product can be viewed by the thousands of people who typed keywords that relate to it. For example, let’s say you’re selling an eBook on how to make jewelry. When someone types in “how to make jewelry” in Google, hits enter, you want your website to appear at the top of the list where it can be seen. This is just one technique that Internet Marketing should teach you.
- Affiliate Product – having a product ready for you to market such as an eBook or other items that you can sell as an affiliate to the company. The advantage here is that you don’t have to create something yourself to sell.
With any of these suggestions you will want to research the companies thoroughly and make sure they provide extensive training, coaching and mentoring. Talk to the people involved and ask them hard questions. Talk to each home based business mom you can find. Take the time needed to learn more about each of these ideas before jumping into a decision.